9.8.15

Things I love

Reykjavik / Atlantic ocean



I'm not really good at being in the moment, meditating or reminding myself of the things I can and should be thankful for. I want to be better at that. So here are some "things", activities, connections, details, situations and emotions in life that I love.

The ocean. It calms me somehow. Even when it‘s cold and dark and the waves are ruffled by the wind. I live near the North Atlantic and I love that I can see a tiny bit of it from my living room window.

The smell of newly cut grass. It smells so much of spring and adventure!

Hysterical laughing outbursts. Earlier this summer my friend and I had to catch a flight and we were so late. We were in France and had to take a train to the airport. We were standing on this train station platform and I just jumped nervously into the nearest train, my friend followed and the doors closed. She looked at me with the most terrifying expression and asked me if I was sure that this was the right train. I told her I was absolutely sure that this was the wrong train and we both burst into hysterical laughter and couldn't stop. We had no idea where we were going but luckily we didn't miss our flight.

Christmas songs on the radio. The radio stations in Iceland start playing Christmas songs in November! A little early maybe but I love listening to these nostalgic songs, especially when I‘m driving to work in the morning.

Private humor. I love when my daughter sends me messages, quotes or pictures that only she and I can understand. It makes me feel like we are this little gang, partners in crime that have this language that nobody else gets.

A really, really good book. I remember one time when one of my friends recommended this book to me and I just couldn't put it down. I even read it while I was cooking and it made me forget everything else and I somehow became a part of the story.

Red wine and a good conversation! I love going out with my best friends, to our favorite restaurant and just talk about nothing special and when we get a little tipsy we always get these totally „brilliant“ business ideas that we get so psyched about and then end up laughing about them the next day!

Pajamas, a good movie and a nap. I never get a better rest as when I‘m curled up on the couch in my pajamas and a good movie is playing. Preferably on a Sunday in the middle of the day.

Grandparents. I had the best grandma in the world and I love that my daughter has the best grandparents that she adores.

New York. I remember the first time I went there I was so in awe of the city that I didn't really enjoy it. I've been about ten times since and I love that city, even when it‘s January and freezing cold.



  Eva


Image: DUSTY (Reykjavik / Atlantic ocean)

No comments :

Post a Comment